Deliver orders faster and smarter.
The Kitchen Display app speeds orders through your kitchen and increases order accuracy. When you enter orders into the Register app on your Clover Station, they are displayed in seconds to another tablet display located wherever orders are being prepared.
- New orders are displayed on the screen either with or without printer integration.
- Orders are displayed 4 or 8 to a screen with the time elapsed that turns red if the order is late.
- Completed orders are available for review and can be returned to the in-progress queue.
The Kitchen Display is well suited for quick service restaurants using the Register app that sends complete orders to the kitchen at one time. Full-service restaurants using the Tables app may prefer the upcoming Kitchen Display for Full-Service Restaurants to be available by Q3 2014 ().
Getting Started with the Kitchen Display
PREPARATION: Get ready to install the app with the following items.
- Android Tablet: You’ll need a second device to display orders on. Additional details below and on the .
- Wifi Internet: Verify the location where you’ll be mounting the display has reliable Wifi Internet capability. To find out more about how to do this check our the .
STEP 1: Find Kitchen Display app in the Clover App Marketplace and click Install.
STEP 2: Complete the Sign Up for the Kitchen Display app. Enter your email address to get installation instructions. Check your spam filter as needed for email from email@example.com
STEP 3: Order a recommended tablet. The Kitchen Display tablet is a separate piece of hardware from your Clover Station. It can be ordered directly from Amazon or 4 Leaf Labs. Recommended and tested tablets are available on the .
Technical requirements for the tablet are 1) Android operating system 4.2+, 2) diagonal display size of 10.1”, and 3) a display resolution of 1280 pixels wide by 800 pixels high.
STEP 4: Download and Install the Kitchen Display app. Watch the video or follow the instructions below.
As the Kitchen Display app runs on a different device than your Clover Station, the app needs to be downloaded and installed with the steps below. Before you start, make sure you have connected the tablet to your store Wifi network. available if needed.
- Enter this link into the Kitchen Display tablet browser, then click on “Download!”
- Tap the “Downloads” icon to open the app.
- Tap the “KitchenDisplay.apk” line to start the install. Your device may require you to change a setting to allow installation of apps from unknown sources. Tap on “Settings” and then on “Unknown sources” as illustrated below.
- Tap on “Install”. The app will then be installed on the tablet.
- Tap on “Open” and you are ready for the next step.
STEP 5: Link the app to your Clover Station. Watch the or follow the instructions below.
- Open the Kitchen Display app by tapping on the icon.
- Open the “Link to Clover” screen by tapping on Settings -> Clover POS Connection -> Link to Clover
- When the following login screen appears, enter the Email Address and Password to your Clover Web Dashboard.
- After you successfully login, you’ll be re-directed to the Finish Sign Up page. The app will then automatically link the app to your Clover Station and display the message “Link to Clover POS successful.
Mounting the Display
Depending on your restaurant’s layout, you can mount the tablet on a wall or from a shelf. We recommend that you mount the display at eye-level and within arm's reach of your food preparation staff. In addition, you will need to consider access to a power outlet so that the tablet's power supply cable can reach the tablet as well. Recommended tablet mounts available on the
Customizing the Display
Depending on your restaurant’s order volume, you can customize the display to best suit your needs.
- If you have frequent, small orders, display 8 orders at a time. Go to Settings->Display->Maximum orders to display at one time. Select “Eight (8) Orders”.
- If you have larger orders, display 4 orders at a time with more screen space to display the full order. Go to Settings->Display->Maximum orders to display at one time. Select “Four (4) Orders”.
- If delivering orders quickly is important, you can alert your staff when an order is behind schedule by setting the “Order late threshold”. Go to Settings->Display->Order late threshold and select the amount of time desired before the order timer changes to red indicating it is behind schedule. Note: the order timer starts when the cashier begins the order.
How to Get Help
If you need help at any time, go to our site to find answers to common questions and video tutorials. You can also contact the Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within one (1) business day.